Monday 16 May 2011

Is this the Pitts for Mission Impossible?

Brad Pitt is currently starring in new film The Tree of Life Brad Pitt has confirmed he is set to replace Tom Cruise in the next Mission Impossible film. Tom has played secret agent Ethan Hunt in four big screen spin-offs of the cult TV series, the latest of which Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is due out later this year, but Brad revealed in Cannes this week he is taking on the action role.

He said: "Don't count me out of Mission Impossible, I'll be there." The Hollywood heartthrob was at the French film festival to promote his new movie, The Tree Of Life which directed by Terrence Malick and is in the running for the coveted Palme d'Or.


Brad said he had started thinking about the direction of his career about 10 years ago and realised his favourite films "weren't the big commercial things, they were things that had a little more depth, that were asking bigger questions or really, really funny." But he added: "The point is to keep messing it up, I figure I've only got so many more things that I'll get to do and I want to make sure it has some worth for me and have some work out there instead of some that's more disposable."


No comments:

Post a Comment